Posted by Manuel
South beach diet phase1 recipes are all about enjoying food rich in protein, fiber rich food. And while preparing south beach diet phase1 recipes wholesome meal for yourself or your family you might need some variety. So whether you are looking for quick breakfast, side snacks or sweet dessert options look at some of our recipes.
Essentials of South Beach Diet Phase 1 Recipe:
Any recipe under south beach diet is supposed to be healthy and filling. So keeping the calorie count under control and maintaining high on taste is crucial. A healthy breakfast or morning meal keeps you going on throughout the day. That’s why special attention for the calories and protein in the breakfast is important. So see some of the breakfast recipes and make them a part of your south beach diet to jump start your day.
Your breakfast in south beach diet phase1 recipes will include loads of eggs, vegetable juices, vegetables strips, cheese and bacon. So you can prepare multiple dishes out of these ingredients. A sample breakfast menu could be
- Tomato juice
- Scrambled eggs
- 2 pieces of bacon
- Decaffeinated coffee or tea with fat –free milk
Remember you can eat anything but has to be low on calorie and fat!
And of course between a breakfast and lunch you can have light snack so choose cheese or sauté vegetables to fill that hungry stomach.
Healthier food choices should be part of life and not a replacement of unhealthy food. So while eating homemade food during south beach diet may seem unappetizing and boring, there are ways to spice up your meals and your life.
Chicken Caesar salad with salad dressing can be your best start to the sumptuous lunch.
- Sauté fish and Vegetable juice
- Chicken salad or cheese with tomato and cucumber
The first 14 days of south beach diet phase 1 are the most important days when you completely give up sugar, pastries, potatoes and even alcoholic drinks. So first two weeks what you eat is pertinent in letting you loose enough weight.
South Beach Diet Phase 1 Recipes – Side Dish ideas:
The first two weeks can be taxing for few people who give away sugar to lose weight. For them south beach diet phase1 recipes gives the flexibility of side dishes that help maintain a good appetite besides eating meals and snacks. Some of the side dishes that can be easily prepared at home are can add flavor to your day to day meals are
- Mediterranean Salad
- cider roasted sweet potatoes
- baked sweet potato fries
South Beach Diet Phase 1 Recipes – Dessert Ideas:
If you too can’t finish your dinner without something sweet, then here are great South Beach diet Phase 1 dessert ideas! The best part of a south beach diet is that you can have your dessert even if you are dieting. Though it may be less sugary and fat free yet you can enjoy having that creamy texture of a tart or a chilled ice cream after your dinner or lunch.
- Sugar Free Gelatin- Today market is filled with many sugar free gelatin options. So if you don’t have the time to make it at your home, buy readymade ones from market.
- Yogurt – The safest dessert option that you can opt for in south beach diet phase1 is yogurt. Sugar free yogurt is allowed in phase1. And if you get fat-free, sugar free yogurt then you can have a treat for yourself.
- Ice Cream – You scream, I scream, we all scream…ICE-CREAM. You may not eat sugar during phase 1 but sugar free stuff is allowed. Flavor varying from vanilla, chocolate and strawberry, I think one scoop can be put down the throat. But if you prefer you might consult an expert before it.
- No REAL Dessert – I know this option will not be your favorite ones but it works the best. The aim of south beach diet phase 1 to lose as much weight as you can within 14 days. So if you can resist dessert, you will make a great deal with your body weight and challenge it. But if one of those days when you can’t resist the sweet temptation comes into your life then you can have a light snack like piece like ham or salmon wrapped in cheese as a dessert. Or peanut butter can help satiate the need.
All the best while losing weight by having south beach diet phase1 recipes for the first 14 days!